Toll Free:

Monday - Friday:

10am - 6pm

Essential workers and international graduates can now apply and submit their applications to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in order to get their open work permits.

As of July 26, 2021, individuals who have applied for PR (Permanent Residency) under Canada’s recently opened pathway, they may also apply for a open work permit.

In May this year, the IRCC launched a pathway that will allow around 90,000 essential workers and international graduates in the country to attain permanent residency.

Also, the IRCC is offering open work permits for essential workers and international graduates right now, which will allow them to work for any employer of their choice in the country.

Here are some important information for this type of open work permit:

  • Online submission
  • Work permits will only be issued to international students and essential workers until December 31, 2022

Also, the spouse or common law partner and even dependent children of 18 years and up are also eligible to apply for an open work permit under this policy.

To learn more more about the things about open work permits, click here