Toll Free:

Monday - Friday:

10am - 6pm


The TFWP (Temporary Foreign Worker Program), as the name suggests, allows employers in Canada to bring in international talent so they could do their part in filling in the labour shortages in Canada.

On the other side, the IMP (International Mobility Program) promotes the broad cultural, social, and economical interests of the country.

Under the TFWP, employers that are planning to fill in the labour shortages in the country are required to complete the government’s labour market test, which is widely known as the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

On the other hand, the IMP does not require a foreign national to have an LMIA in order to attain this type of visa.

To learn more more about the things about TFWP and IMP, click here.

How To Apply For Canadian Work Permit

There are just 2 main steps if you want to get a Work Permit in Canada and they are:

Step 1

In order to apply, there is a really high chance that you might need to get an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) from the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

Most of the time, the employer, who should be in Canada, is responsible for undertaking domestic recruitment efforts and show to the government of Canada that there are no people that are capable of taking the job.

Step 2:

After a LMIA has been issued, the applicant is now eligible for applying for a work permit.

Also, there are 2 types of work permits, an employer specific work permit and an open work permit.

The employer specific work permit means the foreign national is only allowed to work for them during their stay in the country and in open work permit, the foreign national can work with multiple companies and in different cities.

Also, there is a limited duration of work permits.