Toll Free:

Monday - Friday:

10am - 6pm

Federal Skilled Worker Program in Canada

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (Express Entry) is a program that is for people that meet the eligibility criteria such as skills and experience to work in the country. Candidates in this program are selected through the Express Entry System.

How this program works?

In order to know if you are eligible for this type of program, you are required to have:

  • The capabilities of speaking french or english
  • Work experience
  • Proper education

Minimum requirements for eligibility

In order to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you need to”

  • Meet the required language levels
  • Have 2 years of full time work experience in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply (volunteer work is not accepted and the job should have a pay)
  • Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade that is set out in the National Occupational Classification
  • Have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total of 1 year
  • Certificate of qualification that is issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority

Skilled work experience

The Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program is organised under the following NOC (national Occupation Classification:

  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

For more information about this, please contact us by calling the following number (number)


Officially, there is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. However, if you are keen in improving your rank in the Express Entry pool, there are a bunch of things that you can do. To know more about them, you can contact us via email or by sending us a message through our social media platforms!

Language Ability

In order to be eligible for this, you need to:

  • Meet the minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for speaking and listening
  • Canadian Language Benchmark 4 for reading and writing
  • Take approve language tests for writing
  • Take approve language tests for reading
  • Take approve language tests for listening
  • Take approve language tests for speaking

Important note: Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. Also, when you are applying or permanent residency, the tests should be still valid.

Having a hard time understanding how this works? Call CS Immigration on the number below and let us handle everything else!