Toll Free:

Monday - Friday:

10am - 6pm

The IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) launched the Canadian Experience Class program in the year 2008 with hopes of offering a skilled workers from different countries to obtain permanent residency status in the country. CEC (Canadian Experience Class) has grown into one of the largest immigration pathways for skilled workers in the country. It is also called by the government as a huge success in the country, considering that it offers a lot of opportunities for skilled immigrants.

How The CEC (Canadian Experience Class Works)

The IRCC uses the Express Entry to manage skilled worker applications for 3 programs, which includes the Canadian Experience Class.

In order to be eligible for this, you need to meet the minimum requirement or eligibility criteria for CEC. Once you become eligible, you are then required to submit an official Express Entry profile on the official website of IRCC.  Once you submit your profile, it will be included in a poll, where Express Entry sends out permanent resident invitations to candidates that have the highest CRS scores.

If you receive an invitation, you can then apply for a Permanent Residency in this program.

What Skilled Worker Experience mean?

According to the Canadian NOC (National Occupational Classification)

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

  • Managerial jobs (skilled level 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill type A)
  • Technical jobs (skill type B)
  • Skilled trades (skill type B)

Please note that your work experience can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs

Requirement for Canadian Experience Class
Minimum requirement for CEC:

  • You must meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability
    • Writing
    • Reading
    • Listening
    • Speaking
  • Have 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada in the last 3 years before you apply
  • Full-time job at 1 plus that accumulates in 1 year full-time, which is around 1560 hours

Please do note that you are not eligible for the Canadian Experience Class if:

  • You are a refugee claimant
  • You are working without proper authorisation
  • Your work experience was gained without you having temporary resident status in Canada

Language requirements
Candidates are also required to meet the minimum language level of:

  • Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs
  • Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs
  • Take approved language tests for:
    • Writing
    • Reading
    • Listening
    • Speaking

Important note: Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. Also, when you are applying or permanent residency, the tests should be still valid.

Having a hard time understanding how this works? Call CS Immigration on the number below and let us handle everything else!